The Linksys WAP610N is a wireless access manufactured by Cisco. It is designed to extend the range of a wireless router. It can also add wireless functionality to an existing wireless network, or to upgrade an existing wireless network. The WAP610N features industrial strength WPA2 Encryption, Wi-Fi Protected Setup, and optimized video streaming. When compared to another Linksys wireless access point, the WET54G, the WAP610N shows several advantages, such as using WPA2 Encryption as opposed to WEP, and Wireless-N technology instead of Wireless-G.
The WAP610N uses industrial strength WPA2 Encryption in order to maximize the users security. This allows a user's data and privacy will be protected. The Wi-Fi Protected Setup feature enables users to automatically create a secure connection between the WAP610N and another device at the touch of a button. The access point optimizes video streaming through a built-in Digital Signal Processor, that reduces video glitches, allowing a smoother streaming experience.
- Industrial strength WPA2 Encryption
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup
- Optimized Video Streaming (through built-in Digital Signal Processor)
- Works on both 2.4 and 2.5 GHz frequencies
- High Speed Wireless-N Technology
- Easy to use Setup Wizard
- QoS capabilities
- 3 Internal Dual Band Antennas to increase wireless range
- Less interference from other products or networks
- MAC Address Filtering