The LG BH200 is the second generation LG Super Blu HD DVD/Blu-ray combo player coming out in mid-October for $999 (see the previous generation LG BH100). The major selling point of this player is its ability to play both of the new competing High Def DVD formats. Since not all movies are release in both formats, this player can play up to 60% more titles than standalone players. This ability comes at a steep price tag, with the BH200 retailing for $600 more than the Toshiba HD-A30 which boasts similar specs, but only plays HD DVDs.
- 1080p/24fps playback of both HD DVD and Blu-ray discs
- 1080p scaling of standard DVDs
- HDMI/Component/Composite (no S-Video)
- LAN connected to make use of web interactivity features
- Advanced BD-Java and HDi support
The BH200 improves on some problems encountered in the previous generation BH100: 1) full HD DVD playback including menus, 2) 1080p upscaling of standard DVDs (instead of 1080i), and 3) deep color output with HDMI 1.3 support.