Superior data protection with M-DISC™ Support. The M-DISC™uses a patent rock-like recording surface instead of organic dye to etch your data onto a disc. The M-DISC has been tested and proven to outlast standard DVDs currently on the market. Burn more discs in less time with 8x DVD-Max writing speed.
- Write: M-DISC CD-R CD-RW DVD+R DVD+R DL DVD+RW DVD-R DVD-R DL DVD-RAM DVD-RW
- Read: M-DISC DVD-Video (CSS Compliant Disc) CD-R/RW/ROM CD-DA (DAE) DVD-RAM (Ver.2.2) DVD-R/RW/ROM DVD-R DL DVD+R/+RW DVD+R DL
- Maximum DVD Read Speed: 8x, Maximum DVD Write Speed: 8x
- Compatible Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Vista(TM), Windows XP, Mac OS X
- Jamless Play automatically prevents stop video playback in case of damaged disc, such as scratches or fingerprints by jumping through the erroneous data or damaged areas.
Quickly and easily connect to TVs, digital photo frames and PCs via USB for the playback.
As a disc is being read, Silent Play technology automatically controls the disc read speed for optimal noise reduction.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can use it to play CD and DVD movies?
Yes, but does not come with software to play DVDs. You have to purchase that separately.
Does this require connecting to 2 USB ports with a Y cable? If so, does it come with the cable?
It comes with a y cable with the second port being used for power. It can also work with just the single cable.
What's the difference between the GP50NB40 and the GP40NB40?
The GP40 has a double ended USB connector that needs to be plugged into two separate USB ports for power/data. The GP50 has a single USB connector that only requires one USB port for both power and data.
Add New FAQ
- Write and Read Speed Up to 8x for DVDs
- Drive Type External