The ThinkPad T61 was Lenovo's last generation standard business-class laptop. Built on the now outdated Centrino platform, the T61 contained high end Intel Core 2 Duos and the option for a discrete video card which allows for improved 3D and video performance. Coming in 15" and 14" varieties the T61 weighs between 5 and 6.3 pounds and can last a minimum 6.5 hours on a single charge. It has recently been replaced by the T400 (14") and T500 (15"), which now use Centrino 2, allowing for faster CPUs, ram and onboard video. Lenovo has also moved to using ATI for their discrete video options.
- Platform: Centrino, Intel C2D
- Graphics: 14.1 or 15.4" Widescreen (1280Ã—800 or 1440x900) powered by the Intel X3100 (shared memory) or nVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M
- Network connectivity: ThinkPad 11b/a/g Wireless LAN Mini PCI Express Adapter (Intel Wi-Fi Link 4965AGN optional) 1Gb Ethernet Card, WWAN optional
- I/O & Expansion: 3 USB 2.0; DisplayPort; VGA; AC adapter; RJ-11, RJ-45; CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combo 24X/24X/24X/8X Max, Ultrabay Slim (Serial ATA); audio: headphone/line-out/external microphone;
- Battery: 4-cell, 6-cell or 9-cell