Evolving out of the 15" T61, the T500 is a standard business-class laptop from Lenovo. Built to be fast and full featured the T Series is based on the new Centrino 2 platform, containing the latest 45nm Intel Core 2 Duos, DDR3 ram and the new Intel X4500HD integrated graphics chip. The T500 also includes a discrete graphics card user switchable option, allowing for better 3D performance while retaining the lower power consumption of the integrated graphics when operating on battery. Starting at 5.8 pounds with a battery life of 4.3 hours, the T500 is an all around powerhouse performer on par with Lenovo's previous offerings.
- Platform: Centrino 2, Intel C2D
- Graphics: 15.4" Widescreen (1280×800 or 1440x900) powered by the Intel X4500HD (shared memory) and ATI Mobility Radeon 3650 (256MB dedicated)
- Network connectivity: ThinkPad 11b/a/g Wireless LAN Mini PCI Express Adapter (Intel Wi-Fi Link 4965AGN optional) 1Gb Ethernet Card, Bluetooth optional, 3G WWAN optional
- I/O & Expansion: 3 USB 2.0; DisplayPort; VGA; AC adapter; RJ-11, RJ-45; CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combo 24X/24X/24X/8X Max, Ultrabay Slim (Serial ATA); audio: headphone/line-out/external microphone; 7-in-1 card reader
- Battery: 6-cell or 9-cell