The Lenovo Y550 model is a mid-grade laptop designed to provide many options to the average home computer user; with available features falling under specs for gaming, portable, home and media computer machine use. The entire Y series of Lenovo laptops (Y650, Y550, Y450) were announced, and put on display, at the 2009 CES event in Las Vegas. The Lenovo Y550 will offer a 15.6" LCD display with a 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio. As with most computers on the market each version is fully upgradeable to meet an individual consumer's needs. The Y series of laptops offer up to 500GB storage space, up to 4GB of memory, and optional NVIDIA GFX graphics support. Additional options include a multi-touch touch-pad mouse interface, full facial recognition technology for security, and a very thin body design that weighs a mere 5.6 pounds total. All Y-series devices are set to go on sale sometime in March 2009; and both the Y550 and Y450 laptops have a starting retail price of $829.
Unfortunately at this time there is no additional information on internal CPU type or speed. Further updates on this particular product will come as they are announced.
- Mid-grade laptop
- Suitable for gaming, portable, home and media use
- 15.6" LCD display with 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio
- Up to 500GB storage space, 4 GB memory, and optional support for NVIDIA GFX graphics
- Multi-touch touch-pad interface (mouse)
- Facial recognition technology
- Very thin body design; weighs only 5.6 pounds
Add New Resource