Introduced on January 13th 2009, the IdeaCentre K230 is a higher-end desktop PC from Lenovo. 16% faster than the previous generation, the K230 features a Core 2 Duo or Core 2 Quad processor, up to 8GB of DDR3 memory, optional support for DX10 graphics and an optional Blu-ray drive. Paired with a standalone or embedded webcam, the K220 includes several technologies from Lenovo such as VeriFace - allowing a users face to act as their computer password - and Bright Vision - which helps reduce eye strain based on ambient light levels in the room. Two less powerful models, the K210 and K220. Available later in January the K230 will start at $499.
- CPU/RAM: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5GHz E5200, or 2.66GHz E7300, or Core 2 Quad 2.66GHz Q9400, 6 or 8GB DDR3
- Storage: 640GB or 1TB 7200rpm HDD
- Optical: DVD writer or Blu-ray drive
- 64-bit Windows Vista Home Premium
- 1 year warranty for parts and labour