The Leica M9-P is a top-of-the-line professional digital camera that is meant to build upon the Leica M9. Meant to be more discreet than the M9, the M9-P sports a Leica logogram on the top deck of the camera rather than a red dot in front and a scratch-resistant sapphire crystal cover for its LCD monitor display. Otherwise, the M9 and M9-P sport identical specs, including: a Kodak-developed CCD sensor, 32 - 1/4000 sec shutter speed and compatibility with all M-mount lenses.
The M9-P's scratch-resistant sapphire crystal LCD display cover is virtually indestructible, while an antireflective coating on both sides of the monitor offers clearer image viewing. Its 18-megapixel CCD image sensor allows users to capture full 35-mm film format digitally with no compromises, allowing for compatibility with even older M-mount lenses. Meanwhile, the M9-P can capture images at speeds up to 1/4000 of a second by way of a microprocessor-controlled focal-plane shutter.
- 36 x 24 mm CCD
- 18 million effective pixels
- 6.8 x 6.8 µm pixel pitch
- No anti-alias filter
- ISO 160 - 2500 (ISO 80 'pulled'*)
- Center-biased reflected from white & grey stripes on shutter blades
- Quiet metal blade Shutter
- 32 - 1/4000 sec shutter speed
- Leica logogram on the top deck of the camera
- Scratch-resistant sapphire crystal cover over the LCD display