Announced in mid-September 2008, the C-LUX 3 is a digital point and shoot camera from Leica that attempts to focus on style and ease of use as much as producing quality snapshots. Aimed at fashion conscious individuals that desire a beautiful, easy to use camera to not look out of place among their other high-quality, stylish accessories, the C-LUX 3 is also made to be intuitive and simple. With a 5x optical zoom, the rather spartan C-LUX 3 comes with a facial recognition feature that attempts to automatically focuses the camera on faces. Pricing was not disclosed at launch. Available in black and white. For those that require an equally stylish and high quality case for their C-LUX 3, 3 styles are available.
- Main technical features: 10.1 megapixel, 5x optical zoom
- Screen: 2.5″ TFT-LCD (4:3), 230,000 pixel
- Lens: DC VARIO-ELMARIT 4.4-22 mm f/2.8-5.9 ASPH, 5 to 125 mm (35 mm format)
- Dimensions & weight: 3.77″ x 2.04″ x .87″, 4.44 oz
- automatic facial recognition
- comes bundled with a battery charger, a battery, an A/V, USB and AC cable