The LaCie Rugged Safe is a high-end external hard drive available in 500GB and 1TB capacities. As a premium product, this drive features a secure, “all-terrain” design. The manufacturer claims the enclosure is shock-proof with its rubberized edges and brush-metal plating. Also featured is a fingerprint reader, allowing up to 10 users to lock down the Rugged Safe with biometric authentication. Additional security measures include hardware-based 128-bit AES encryption and LaCie’s SAFE utilities, which come preloaded on the drive. The LaCie Rugged Safe is bus-powered, and compatible with USB 2.0 and FireWire 800 connections.
- 500GB and 1TB capacities
- Biometric authentication (up to 10 users)
- 128-bit AES hardware encryption
- Mac and PC compatible
- Shock-proof rugged design
- USB 2.0 and FireWire 800 connectivity
- LaCie SAFE Utilities and Backup Assistant included