The Korg Monotron is a low-end to mid-range analogue synthesizer designed to provide classic Korg synthesizer functionality in a pocket-sized form factor. It features the same classic analogue filter found in Korg's vintage MS-10 & MS-20 semi modular synthesizers as well as the same highly acclaimed VCF circuit for an authentic analogue sound. Additionally, the Monotron allows any audio device to be patched in and processed via its auxiliary port.
The Monotron's classic analogue filter allows it to offer the same vintage analogue sound found in some of Korg's classic analogue devices. Its acclaimed VCF circuit, too, helps to provide a classic analogue tone by adding extra emphasis to the resonance while allowing users to adjust the frequency or tone of the filter. Meanwhile, the Monotron's auxiliary port allows it to process most modern audio devices or even a guitar or other instrument.
- Features the same classic analog filter found in the legendary Korg MS-10 & MS-20
- Filter any external source using the audio input jack
- Easy-to-play ribbon keyboard
- Full-fledged, true analog synthesizer: VCO, VCF, LFO
- LFO can modulate either pitch of filter cutoff
- LFO Rate knob with LED visual indicator
- Battery operation and palmtop size for greater portability