The Klipsch RS-52 II is a high mid-cost surround speaker. The 1" titanum tweeters of this speaker are equipped with Tractrix horns, which manipulate the sound waves and up the dispersion field to 90 degrees x 60 degrees. The dual 5.25" Cerametallic cone woofers of the RS-52 II are treated with aluminum, which helps to cut down on sound distortion. The bass-reflex design of this enslosure (with two side firing ports) helps to cut down on turbulence noise. The RS-52 II is set up in the WDST (Wide Dispersion Surround Technology) configuration, which by aligning the two horns at a 90 degree angle to each other, spreads the soundwaves of all frequencies in order to achieve a massive surround sound that is heavy on detail. This speaker is a step up from the lower cost RS-42 II in that it has 400 watts of power as opposed to 300 watts, and a bigger set of woofers (5.25" as opposed to 4"). However, the RS-52 II is a step down from the flagship RS-62 II in that the RS-62 II has a bigger set of woofers (6.5" as opposed to 5.25"), four side-firing ports (as opposed to two) and is 600 watts as opposed to 400 watts.
- WDST technology
- 62Hz-23kHz +/-3dB frequency response
- 100W RMS / 400W Peak power handling
- 95dB @ 2.83V / 1m sensitivity
- 8 ohms compatible nominal impedance
- 1700Hz high frequency crossover
- Dual 1" titanium diaphragm compression driver tweeters
- Dual square Tractrix horns
- Dual 5.25" Cerametallic cone woofers
- Bass-reflex via dual side-firing ports
- Dimensions: 13" x 12.6" x 8.5"
- Keyhole bracket mounting and Dual 1/4"-20 threaded inserts
- Matte Black vinyl finish
- Weight: 15lbs.