The Edge Grip™ 2-Stage Knife Sharpener is lightweight, portable, and easy to use on either a flat surface or the edge of your countertop or table. Carbide blades and crossed ceramic rods feature pre-set sharpening angles that provide the proper sharpening angle every time. Carbide blades (Coarse) provide quick edge setting capabilities, and the ceramic rods (Fine) are used for the final edge honing. These two stages offer the capability to put a razor sharp edge on very dull or damaged blade and touch up already sharp blades.
It comes with non-slip rubber feet and a soft grip rubber handle for comfort and steadiness when sharpening. The patented V-Grip™ bottom allows for added stability and comfort when using the sharpener on the edge of your countertop or table.
- Smart design sharpens straight edge double-beveled Euro / American style knives.
- Two stages of sharpening, in one small compact unit at a great value!
- Coarse sharpening slot includes carbide blades that quickly sharpen dull or damaged knives with just a few pulls.
- Fine slot’s ceramic rods are ideal for finishing and polishing the edge, and are perfect for light touch-ups to an already sharp knife.
- Edge Grip Bottom allows stable sharpening on the counter top or edge of the counter top or table.
- Designed in the USA by Smith’s Consumer Products, Inc. the Edge Experts Since 1886.
- Stainless steel and soft touch accents.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will this work on serrated blades?
These type of sharpeners will destroy serrated blades.
Is this work better than conventional Sharpening Steel?
The difference is this actually sharpens or hones the edge like using a whetstone, what a steel does is straighten the fine or micro edge of the blade which gets bent with use when using a steel on the knife stops bringing it back to a sharp cutting edge you then use the whetstone or one of these to resharpen the edge.
Can I sharpen scissors with it?
Not completely ideal for scissors. Scissors are considered shears with the sharpened bevel on opposite sides of each blade. Use this sharpener and your scissors may never cut again.
Add New FAQ
Serrated Edge Blades
Straight Edge Blades
Add New Resource