Popular replacement Ice Maker IM597 is the same as 2198597. Works great in Whirlpool, Kenmore, Jenn-Air, Roper, Sears.
- Replacement Ice Maker Kit to replace 25-27 Cu. Ft. Whirlpool andKitchenAid Refrigerators with Built-in Icemakers
- Specification: 185W, 115V 1.6A-60Hz
- Replaces OEM Whirlpool and Kitchen Part Numbers: 2198597, 2198678,626663, PT12955659
- This is an aftermarket part (not made by whirpool). Made to sameOEM standards
- Includes 1 kit
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this the equivalent to Kenmore #106 626636?
They are made to be universal. Mine fit perfectly in my Kenmore Elite side by side fridge. The ice bucket is in the door and the maker sits in the top of the fridge. Connected by 2 screws and one wire bracket.
Does this ice maker replace # 106 626663 ?
Yes, this is exact replacement for front or side-mounted maker and also comes with new harness (harness's have a thermistor built-in to one wire and only takes extra couple minutes to change. Very basic change-out with only Philip's screwdriver. if unit is mounted at front of freezer you don't need the supplied shut off wire. I explained changeout over phone to a friend. Cost $45 or so, appliance man will charge 3 to 4 hundred dollars. Hope this helps.
Will this work with a Kenmore Refrigerator #106.50522100 ?
I'm not sure. Since it's a Kenmore, the best thing to do is to search the website sears parts direct dot com and see which icemaker part matches your model. If the part number matches the part number of this product (W10122502 & 2198597), then it should work. Hope this helps and happy new year!
Add New FAQ
- Specification 185W, 115V 1.6A-60Hz
Add New Resource