The JVC GY-HM700U is a compact camcorder built to professional standards suitable for mainstream production. This is an expansion of the JVC GY-HM100U, and supports all of the same features with the addition of several expanded options. While the compact shoulder form factor has been preserved, an industry standard bayonet lens mount is used with an Canon 14:1 lens included. Native recording of MOV or MP4 content is still sent to an SDHC slot, but cards are now hot swappable. Most HD standards are supported up to 1080p, and variable frame rate recording is also enabled. A higher resolution 1.22 million pixel viewfinder is built in, and a 4.3 inch flip-out LCD monitor is also available. These improved displays make it possible to work with the new built-in clip viewer and management system.
- Compact Shoulder form factor
- 3-CCD optical system provides full HD resolution images
- Industry standard bayonet lens mount
- High performance Canon 14:1 lens included
- Minimal chromatic aberration
- Records to dual hot swappable SDHC memory cards and/or optional SxS adapter
- Pre Rec (retro cache) function prevents "missed shots"
- Professional recording with selectable data rates up to 35Mbps
- 1920 x 1080 (1080p24/p25/p30, 1080i60/i50)
- 1280 x 720P (p60/p50/p30/p25/p24)
- Native .MOV, .MP4 file formats
- Variable frame rate recording (over crank, under crank)
- HDSDI output
- Downconverted SDI output—live or playback.
- Downconverted SD output (DV via IEEE-1394)
- High resolution (1.22 million pixel) Liquid Crystal on Silicon (LCOS) viewfinder
- 4.3-inch flip-out LCD monitor
- Focus Assist function
- Built-in clip viewer and management system
- Extensive image customization modes (gamma, matrix, knee, detail, etc.)
- Uncompressed LPCM audio (2ch) recording
- Manual level controls with audio meter
- XLR inputs with phantom power