The John Deere LA165 is a high-end riding mower very similar to the John Deere LA155. Its more powerful Extended Life Series 24-hp Briggs & Stratton V-twin engine sets the LA165 above the LA155 and its Extended Life Series 22-hp Briggs & Stratton V-twin engine. Otherwise, the LA165 and LA155 share the same features and specs, such as a durable cast-iron front axle and a UV-resistant JD Loy polymer.
The LA165's Extended Life Series 24-hp Briggs & Stratton V-twin engine provides it with high-end power, performance and durability as Extended Life Series engines are designed specifically to last up to 50% longer than non ELS engines. Its durable cast-iron front axle provides the LA165 with automotive-like steering due to sector and pinion steering gears with dual drag links, resulting in a strong, low-effort, and tight turning system. Additionally, the LA165's UV-resistant JD Loy polymer is built to last for many years of use as well as retain its colour for years to come.
- Extended Life Series 24-hp Briggs & Stratton V-twin engine
- UV-resistant JD Loy polymer hood
- Cast iron front axle with sector and pinion steering gears
- Kanzaki Tuff Torq hydro/automatic transmission with cruise control
- Full-length welded steel frame
- Translucent fuel tank with sight gauge for ease of checking fuel level
- Reverse Implement Option (RIO) allows operator to mow while backing up
- 48" mowing deck