The John Deere LA155 is a high-end riding mower very similar to the John Deere LA145. Its only benefit over the LA145 is the LA155's Extended Life Series 22-hp Briggs & Stratton V-twin engine (as opposed to the LA145's standard 22-hp Briggs & Stratton V-twin engine). Otherwise, the LA145 and LA155 share the same features, including RIO (Reverse Implement Option) functionality and a translucent fuel tank with sight gauge.
The LA155's Extended Life Series 22-hp Briggs & Stratton V-twin engine offers a number of improvements over its standard counterpart, such as: an advanced debris management system, premium bearing package for improved durability and wear-resistant chrome-plated valve stems. Essentially, the Extended Life Series 22-hp Briggs & Stratton V-twin engine is more durable, fuel-efficient and powerful than non ELS engines. Meanwhile, the LA155's Reverse Implement Option allows it to mow while in reverse while a number of safety measures reduce the risks involved with reverse mowing. Also, its translucent fuel tank with sight gauge lets you check the LA155's fuel level at a glance.
- Extended Life Series 22-hp Briggs & Stratton V-twin engine
- UV-resistant JD Loy polymer hood
- Cast iron front axle with sector and pinion steering gears
- Kanzaki Tuff Torq hydro/automatic transmission with cruise control
- Full-length welded steel frame
- Translucent fuel tank with sight gauge for ease of checking fuel level
- Reverse Implement Option (RIO) allows operator to mow while backing up
- 48" mowing deck