The John Deere LA135SE is a mid-range to high-end riding mower with a 42-inch cutting deck. Although it shares many similarities with the John Deere LA125, such as Reverse Implement Option (RIO) functionality and a translucent fuel tank with sight gauge, the LA135SE boasts one major improvement: a more powerful 22-hp Briggs & Stratton V-twin engine (as opposed to the LA125's 21-horsepower Briggs & Stratton Anti-Vibration System single-cylinder engine).
The LA135SE's 22-hp Briggs & Stratton V-twin engine provides it with greater torque, lower vibration, and improved sound quality as well as a full-pressure lubrication system and oil filter for cleaner oil, prolonging engine life and extending time between oil changes. Its Reverse Implement Option allows the LA135SE to mow while backing up. However, as reverse mowing can be dangerous, RIO features a number of safety functions in order to make it safer. Additionally, the LA135SE's translucent fuel tank with sight gauge makes checking fuel levels as easy as a quick glance.
- 22-hp Briggs & Stratton V-twin engine
- UV-resistant JD Loy polymer hood
- Cast iron front axle with sector and pinion steering gears
- Kanzaki Tuff Torq hydro/automatic transmission with cruise control
- Full-length welded steel frame
- Translucent fuel tank with sight gauge for ease of checking fuel level
- Reverse Implement Option (RIO) allows operator to mow while backing up
- 42" mowing deck