The JL Audio G1700 is a class D monoblock subwoofer amplifier based on a high-damping class D circuit with discrete control circuitry. An upgrade from the G1300, the G1700 supports improved power (up to 700w @ 2 ohm versus 300w @ 2 omh) and a superior damping factor (>500 @ 4 omh versus >200 @ 4 ohm). The G1700 also features differential-balanced input for superior noise immunity, a pass-through type preamp output, and a fully-variable on-board crossover. In addition, the Audio G1700 is priced at $419.99, $170 over its predecessor, the G1300. Although somewhat pricey, the JL Audio G1700 is still considered an excellent choice since it is capable of up to 700w. Also realize that the JL Audio HD750/1, from the HD series, only offers a 50w improvement, yet is priced at a whopping $699.99.
- Rated Power 14.4 V: 350 W RMS x 1 @ 4 ohm, 700 W RMS x 1 @ 2 ohm
- Rated Power 12.5 V: 250 W RMS x 1 @ 4 ohm, 500 W RMS x 1 @ 2 ohm
- THD at Rated Power:
- S/N Ratio: >90 dB referred to rated power (A-weighted, 20 Hz – 250 Hz noise bandwidth)
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz – 250 Hz (+0, -1dB)
- Damping Factor: >500 @ 4 ohm / 50 Hz, >250 @ 2 ohm / 50 Hz
- Input Range: 200mV – 8V RMS
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 11.81 in. x 9.25 in. x 2.50 in.