The JL Audio G-MAX is a class D monoblock subwoofer amplifier based on a high-dampening class D circuit with discrete control circuitry. The most powerful amplifier in the G series, the G-MAX is only challenged by the 1000/1v2, its superior competitor in the Slash v2 series. In addition, unlike the 75-150w power ratings offered by other JL Audio amplifiers, the G-MAX offers up to 1200w @ 2 ohm, and 600w @ 4 ohm. In fact, the G-MAX can be switched from 14.4 V to 12.5V, thereby actually lowering the wattage down to 450 and 900. The G-MAX also borrows the Slash v2’s advanced thermal and low-impedance protection to eliminate shut-down events. Priced at $649.99, only $50 to $200 versus its competitors, the JL Audio G-MAX is cited as a highly affordable, top-quality amplifier with a great bang for the buck.
- Rated Power 14.4 V: 600 W RMS x 1 @ 4 ohm, 1200 W RMS x 1 @ 2 ohm
- Rated Power 12.5 V: 450 W RMS x 1 @ 4 ohm, 900 W RMS x 1 @ 2 ohm
- THD at Rated Power:
- S/N Ratio: >90 dB referred to rated power (A-weighted, 20 Hz – 250 Hz noise bandwidth)
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz – 250 Hz (+0, -1dB)
- Damping Factor: >500 @ 4 ohm / 50 Hz, >250 @ 2 ohm / 50 Hz
- Input Range: 200mV – 8V RMS
- Dimensions: 15.75 in. x 9.25 in. x 2.50 in.