The JL Audio 500/5 is a hybrid class D & class A/B five-channel system amplifier based on a high-damping class D circuit with discrete control circuitry. The only five-channel mobile amplifier offered by JL Audio, the 500/5 is quite different from its peers in the HD, Slash v2, and G series. Although the 500/5 contains five channels, it functions more like a three channel amp. The five channels are divided into front channels (2), rear channels (2), and a subwoofer channel. In addition, each channel grouping sports its own unique power rating, frequency response, and even its own damping factor. For instance, the 500/5’s most powerful channel, the subwoofer channel, offers 250w of power at 5Hz-300Hz frequency and >500 @ 4 ohm. The Audio 500/5 also features a vertical, cast aluminum RealSink for improved heat dissipation, flexible preamp outputs, and differential-balanced inputs. Priced at $849.99, the JL Audio 500/5 is an expensive, but highly powerful solution for consumers seeking a multifunctional, multi-channel amplifier that packs a powerful punch.
- Rated Power Front Channels: 100 W RMS x 2 @ 1.5 ohm-4 ohm (11V-14.5V)
- Rated Power Rear Channels: 25 W RMS x 2 @ 1.5 ohm-4 ohm (11V-14.5V)
- Rated Power Subwoofer Channel: 250 W RMS @ 1.5 ohm-4 ohm (11V-14.5V)
- THD at Rated Power:
- S/N Ratio (Front & Rear Channels): >108.5 dB below rated power (A-weighted, 20 Hz - 20 kHz noise bandwidth)
- S/N Ratio (Subwoofer Channel): >95 dB below rated power (A-weighted, 20 Hz - 20 kHz noise bandwidth)
- Frequency Response (Front and Rear Channels): 5 Hz - 30 kHz (+0, -1dB)
- Frequency Response (Subwoofer Channel): 5 Hz - 300 Hz (+0, -1dB)
- Damping Factor (Front and Rear Channels): >200 @ 4 ohm / 50 Hz
- Damping Factor (Subwoofer Channel): >500 @ 4 ohm / 50 Hz
- Input Range: Switchable from 200mV-2V RMS to 800mV-8V RMS
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 19.70 in. x 9.25 in. x 2.36 in.
Add New Logo