The JBL SCS500.5 is a complete 6-piece home cinema speaker package that sports four 100w satellite speakers, a 100w center speaker, and a 150w subwoofer. Part of the JBL SCS series, the JBL SCS500.5 is a slight upgrade from the JBL SCS145.5. The JBL SCS500.5’s satellite speakers feature a higher sensitivity (88dB versus 86dB) and dual 3” midrange drivers versus just one. In addition, the JBL SCS500.5 competes with the JBL CS6100 from the JBL Cinema Sound series. Unlike the CS6100, the JBL SCS500.5 comes equipped with 3” (versus 3.5”) midrange drivers in both its satellites and center speakers. Other than that though, the SCS500.5 is practically equivalent to the CS6100 and also relies on a large 10” bass-reflex low-frequency driver to deliver room-shaking beats. The JBL SCS500.5 is priced at $449.99, a $50 increase from the JBL SC145.5 and a $50 decrease from the JBL CS6100.
- Satellite Recommended Power: 100w
- Satellite Impedance: 8 Ohms nominal
- Satellite Sensitivity: 88dB @ 1 Watt/1 meter
- Satellite Frequency Response: 100Hz-20kHz (-6dB)
- Satellite High-Frequency Driver: 1/2" (13mm) Titanium-laminate dome
- Satellite Midrange Driver: Dual 3” (75mm) Drivers, video-shielded
- Satellite Dimensions(H x W x D): 11-1/2" x 4" x 3-1/2"
- Satellite Weight: 3 lb (1.4kg)
- Center Recommended Power: 100w
- Center Impedance: 8 Ohms nominal
- Center Sensitivity: 88dB @ 1 Watt/1 meter
- Center Frequency Response: 100Hz-20kHz (-6dB)
- Center High-Frequency Driver: 1/2" (13mm) Titanium-laminate dome
- Center Midrange Driver: Dual 3” (75mm) drivers, video-shielded
- Center Dimensions(H x W x D): 4" x 11-1/2" x 3-1/2"
- Center Weight: 3 lb (1.4kg)
- Subwoofer Amplifier Power (RMS): 150 Watts
- Subwoofer Frequency Response: 30Hz-20kHz
- Subwoofer Low-Frequency Driver: 10" (200mm) Woofer, bass-reflex enclosure
- Subwoofer Dimensions(H x W x D): 20" x 13-3/4" x 15-3/4"
- Subwoofer Weight: 35 lb (15.9kg)
- System: Frequency Response 30Hz – 20kHz (–6dB)