The JBL ES80 is a 4-way floor-standing loudspeaker that sports dual 6” proprietary PolyPlas shielded low-frequency subsoofers, a 4” PolyPlas shielded midrange, and one ¾” titanium-laminate tweeter mounted in Elliptical Oblate Spheriodal waveguides for improved high-frequency dispersion anywhere in the room. The first floor-standing speaker in the JBL ES series, the JBL ES80 competes with the dual 5” CST55 from the JBL Cinema Sound series. The JBL ES80 offers a much wider frequency range (45Hz-40kHz versus 55Hz-30kHz) and a superior crossover frequency (3600Hz versus 3200Hz). In addition, not only does the JBL ES80 come equipped with dual 6” subwoofers (versus 5”), but it also includes a midrange. The JBL ES80 also features an ultra-high frequency driver (tweeter), a bass-reflex port for extended bass responses, EOS waveguides that evenly disperse high frequencies to deliver a more accurate imaging, a straight-line signal path crossover network that preserves clarity and detail, and cellulose-fiber cones reinforced with a Polmer coating for a “uniform pistonic motion” and results in no internal resonance and a more precise base. Available in either black, bleech, or cherry, the JBL ES30 boasts a super-elegant cabinet design with a slender profile built from a wood-like and textured high-quality vinyl. The JBL ES80 is priced at $299.99, a $30 increase from the inferior JBL CST55.
- Frequency Response: 45Hz – 40kHz (–6dB)
- Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power: 200 Watts
- Power Handling (Continuous/Peak): 100 Watts/400 Watts
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Sensitivity (2.83V/1m): 90dB
- Crossover Frequencies: 700Hz, 3600Hz – 24dB/octave; 12000Hz – 18dB/octave
- Low-Frequency Transducers: Dual 6” (170mm) PolyPlas; shielded
- High-Frequency Transducer: 3/4" (19mm) Titanium-laminate dome, shielded, EOS
- Midrange Transducer: 4” (100mm) PolyPlas, shielded waveguide
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 42-11" x 8-3/4" x 13-1/2"
- Weight: 46.3 lb (21kg)