The JBL ES20 is a 3-way bookshelf loudspeaker that sports a 5” proprietary PolyPlas shielded low-frequency subwoofer and one ¾” titanium-laminate tweeter mounted in Elliptical Oblate Spheriodal waveguides for improved high-frequency dispersion anywhere in the room. The first bookshelf speaker in the JBL ES series, the ES20 competes with the CSB5 bookshelf and on-wall loudspeaker from the JBL Cinema Sound series. Unlike the CSB5, the JBL ES20 maintains an ultra-high frequency that reaches up to 40kHz (versus 30kHz), thereby reproducing more accurate high-definition audio. In addition, the JBL ES20 features a super-elegant cabinet design with a slender profile built from a wood-like and textured high-quality vinyl, not to mention cellulose-fiber cones reinforced with a Polymer-coating for a “uniform pistonic motion” that results in no internal resonance and a more precise bass. The JBL ES20 also includes a bass-reflex port for extended bass responses, EOS waveguides that evenly disperse high frequencies to deliver a more accurate imaging, a straight-line signal path crossover network that preserves clarity and detail, and dual gold-plated 5-way speaker terminals.. The JBL ES20 is priced at $199.99, making it a major bargain for consumers not trying to spend too much for a quality bookshelf speaker. The ES20 is available is either black, cherry, or bleech.
- Frequency Response: 65Hz – 40kHz (–6dB)
- Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power: 125 Watts
- Power Handling (Continuous/Peak): 60 Watts/240 Watts
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Sensitivity (2.83V/1m): 86dB
- Crossover Frequencies: 3300Hz – 24dB/octave; 12000Hz – 18dB/octave
- Low-Frequency Transducers: 5” (130mm) PolyPlas; shielded, EOS waveguide
- High-Frequency Transducer: 3/4" (19mm) Titanium-laminate dome, shielded, EOS waveguide
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 12-1/2" x 6-7/8" x 8"
- Weight: 10.3 lb (4.6kg)