If there's anything to add to heart health, advanced sleep tracking and activity tracking it would be payments! With an UP4 band you can tap to pay from your wrist with an eligible American Express Card.
An "eligible American Express Card" for the UP4 band means an American Express U.S. Consumer or Small Business credit or charge Card that is not cancelled and that is issued to you by a U.S. banking subsidiary of American Express. Prepaid Cards and products, American Express Corporate Cards and American Express-branded Cards or account numbers issued by other financial institutions are not eligible. Must have a valid User ID at Americanexpress.com for an eligible Card.
Only one U.S. Amex-issued consumer or small business credit or charge Card can be connected to an UP4 band and can't be changed. Payment capability expires as early as 7/31/2019. Only available when you check out at merchants which accept American Express contactless payments.
- You can connect your UP4 band to an eligible American Express Card for payments on the go at participating stores. See below for important terms and limitations
- Heart health monitoring throughout the day with advanced insights to help you improve your overall health
- Personalized insights from Smart Coach guide you to make healthier choices every day and deliver the motivation you need to reach your goals
- Advanced Sleep tracks the true sleep stages REM, Light and Deep so you can learn more about the quality of your sleep. Your band automatically knows when you go to bed
- Syncs wirelessly plus 7 days battery life
Frequently Asked Questions
How does UP4 measure my heart rate?
UP4 uses bioimpedance sensors to capture your heart rate. The sensors measure the resistance
of skin tissue to tiny electric currents. This enables the capture of a wide range of physiological
signals, including your heart rate.
Will It Work If I Cycle, Do Yoga, Or Other Non-step-based Workouts?
The UP app allows you to log the duration and effort level of a variety of different workout types, so you get credit and estimated caloric burn for non-step-based activities. Additionally, the UP band has a Stopwatch mode that lets you "tag" the start and end of your activity. Once you've synced your band, you can enter the details of your workout. Additionally, the UP4™ band has built-in predictive algorithms (using information like your weight and height applied to steps per second from the accelerometer input) that can learn over time and differentiate types of activity and automatically log those activities. Because UP4 learns the unique ways that you are active, you'll receive more precise and personalized insights, as well as a more accurate view of your caloric burn.
How Do I Enter Stopwatch Mode?
The Stopwatch mode is a feature that allows you to "tag" the start and end of your activity. For UP4™ you can enter Stopwatch mode from inside the app on your phone. Open your app and press the tracker icon in the top right corner and select Stopwatch. On the next screen you will see a button to Begin or End Stopwatch mode. After you have completed your activity, press the button to End Stopwatch mode.
Add New FAQ
- Batteries 1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)