The Jabra FREEWAY is designed as a hands-free solution for voice communications use while driving, as well as for audio playback. This product uses a three-way speaker system to approximate surround sound. Since it is portable, it can also function as a speaker system for various other devices, like smartphones or laptops, if desired. Overall it is intended to be simple and safe to use, and features like hands-free controls and voice updates of information (such as battery level or connection status) help to achieve this goal. User interaction with the FREEWAY can be done entirely with voice commands. This speakerphone is at the higher end of Jabra's lineup.
- 3-speaker virtual surround sound setup
- Echo and noise cancelling microphones
- Voice-controls over calls
- Includes one year subscription to "Voice Assist" smartphone app
- Voice-guided pairing and setup instructions
- FM Transmitter sends music and calls from mobile phone to car radio
- A2DP streams audio or GPS guidance from smartphone
- Automatic on/off sensor
- Connects to 2 Bluetooth devices simultaneously
- Dedicated mute button, on/off switch and large easy to access volume controls.
- Chargers with car adapter or USB cable
- Up to 14 hours of talk time and 40 days of standby time
The FREEWAY announces calls by saying "Call from X", to which a user can say "Answer" to accept the call or "Ignore" to reject it. Users can also tap a button once to accept or twice to reject a call.
Users place calls by tapping the Voice button. Then, they use voice controls to navigate a "Phone commands" menu.
|Made For||Light users||Medium to heavy users||Premium business users|
|Talk Time||20 hours||20 hours||14 hours|
|Standby Time||30 days||45 days||40 days|
|Number of Speakers||1||1||3|
|Speaker Power||2 watts||3 watts||7.5 watts|
|Dedicated Mute Button||✔||✔|
|Dedicated Voice Control Button||✔||✔|
|Noise Cancellation||Basic (One mic + DSP)||Basic (One mic + DSP)||Advanced (Dual mic + DSP)|
|High Definition (HD) Voice||✔||✔|
|Virtual Surround Sound||✔|
|Voice Guidance||Only: connected /low battery||Full Voice Guidance||Full Voice Guidance|
|Access Phone’s Contact List for Caller ID||✔||✔|
Frequently Asked Questions
Does it come with a charger?
Yes, there is a car charger that has a USB connection so you can use the cord to connect to any USB port.
Add New FAQ
- Batteries 1 Lithium ion batteries required
- Voice Guidance Full Voice Guidance
- Noise Cancellation Advanced (Dual mic + DSP)
- Speaker Power 7.5 watts
- Number of Speakers 3
- Standby Time 40 days
- Talk Time 14 hours