The iRobot Roomba 880 is the ultimate high performance robotic vacuum cleaner. Featuring the revolutionary new AeroForce Performance Cleaning System and AeroForce Extractors, it’s proven to remove up to 50% more dirt, dust, hair, debris and harmful allergens from all floor types and is virtually maintenance free.
The new Tangle-Free AeroForce Extractors are virtually maintenance free, making it even easier for Roomba to tackle daily dirt build-up. iAdapt Responsive Navigation Technology enables Roomba to find its way around any shape or size of home, covering every area of floor multiple times for a complete clean.
Dirt Detect Series 2 finds dirt and debris, focusing extra cleaning where it’s needed most. Virtual Wall Lighthouses automatically guide Roomba through room-to-room cleaning. Automatic Docking returns Roomba to its Home Base to dock and recharge between cleaning sessions.
- AeroForce Performance Cleaning System delivers maximum cleaning performance by combining the power of new AeroForce Extractors with airflow acceleration and a high efficiency vacuum plus is virtually maintenance free.
- iAdapt Responsive Navigation Technology enables Roomba to find its way around any shape or size of home, covering every area of floor multiple times for a complete clean.
- iRobot XLife Extended Life Battery delivers twice as many cleaning cycles as previous Roomba batteries, doubling the time before you may need to replace your Roomba battery.
- Scheduling enables you to preset Roomba to clean when it is most convenient for you, up to seven times a week.
- Automatic Docking returns Roomba to its Home Base to recharge between cleaning sessions.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many cats can ride at once? Does cat riding deplete the battery faster or diminish cleaning effectiveness?
The top is slippery and cats slide off. You can glue astroturf to the top, but the cats still get knocked off when the unit goes under a couch. Because of the curvature of the top, if you want more than one riding cat, you have to put velcro strips on the unit and give the cats velcro socks. They will try to take them off. Estimate 15% reduction of runtime for every 5 pounds of riding cat.
What is different from 780? 880 really cleans better?
The 880 has rubber rollers instead of brushes. iRobot says that this means it generates 50% more vacuum suction to pick up debris from your floors. I don't know about that, but what I have found is that the rubber rollers are much easier to clean than brushes. Long hair just moves to the ends of the rollers and coils up neatly, where you can easily just pull it off with your fingers when you take the rollers out. No need for scissors, knives or pliers to clean them up beautifully. Our 880 picks up a lot of dust, so I don't feel that there are any disadvantages to having the rollers in the machine. Great design concept.
Add New FAQ
- Origin USA