The Integra DTR-8.8 is a THX Ultra2 certified 7.1 channel a/v receiver as part of Onkyo's high-end Integra line. It is a high-end receiver supporting 1080p upscaling using its built-in Reon HQV video scaling processor, and features 4 x HDMI 1.3a inputs (and 2 outputs) ensuring support for the latest video technogies. On the audio side, the DTR-8.8 is rated for 140 Watts of continuous power to each of its 7 channels, aided in part by a large toroidal transformer. This receiver supports high-definition audio decoding of Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD MA, and makes use of Burr Brown DACs.
- 7.1 channel THX Ultra2 receiver
- 4 x HDMI 1.3a inputs (2 outputs)
- HQV Reon upscaling to 1080p
- Burr Brown DAC
- Toroidal transformer
- dual push-pull amplifier design
- bi-ampable front speaker outputs
- decodes Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD MA high-definition audio
- Ethernet port for media streaming and Internet radio
- Built-in HD radio tuner
- supports XM and Sirius satellite radio
- release date: September 2007
- price: $2400
The DTR-8.8 is similar to the Onkyo TX-NR905, but adds several features and retails for about $600 more, with an MSRP of $2400, compared to retail prices of around $1800 on the TX-NR905. The DTR-8.8 is now available in stores, but may be hard to find because of limited supply. The Integra DTC-9.8 is a pre-amp version of this receiver retailing for $1600.