Instant Pot IP-DUO series is a 7-in-1 programmable cooker. It combines the functions of a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker/porridge maker, steamer, sauté/browning, yogurt maker and warmer. Using the 14 built-in smart programs (Soup, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Poultry, Sauté, Steam, Rice, Porridge, Multigrain, Slow Cook, Keep-Warm, Yogurt, Pasteurize and Fermented Rice), your favorite dishes are within the reach of pressing a button. Green peas, sweet corn and baby carrots can be steamed in 2 to 3 minutes, fresh or frozen. To make mashed potato, don’t boil potatoes in water for 50 minutes leaching nutrients into the water; steam them in Instant Pot for just 15 minutes. An entrée of chilli or Irish stew can be done within an hour, without you watching over it.
To tailor for varying tastes and food conditions, the programs come with 3 adjustable modes. Special features include 3 temperatures in Sauté for browning, simmering or thickening, and 3 temperatures in Slow Cook to complete the tasks of a common slow cooker. Most traditional, modern and international recipes can be easily adapted for Instant Pot.
A 24-hour timer allows for delayed cooking. Automatic keep-warm holds the temperature of the food until you are ready to serve. It works as a perfect porridge maker allowing you wake up with a fresh made porridge.
- Works as pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, porridge maker, steamer, saute/browning, yogurt maker and warmer.
- Dual pressure settings for fast and flexible cooking: Cooking with the high pressure reduces cooking time by up to 70% and the low pressure avoids overcooking delicate food.
- 14 Built-in micro-processor controlled programs: Soup, meat/stew, bean/chili, poultry, saute, steam, rice, porridge, multi grain, slow cook, keep-warm, yogurt, pasteurize and fermented rice slow cook for 0.5 to 20 hours.
- Yogurt maker function can heat milk for pasteurization and fermentation, making yogurt in either jars or cooking pot for up to 5 liter of milk.
- 3 Temperature settings for saute, slow cooker and keep warm functions.
- Manual keep-warm setting for up to 99 hours and 50 minutes and automatic keep-warm for up to 10 hours.
Instant Pot generates almost no noise and leaks no steam. It traps all the aromas in the food. It cooks food without heating up the surroundings. It is truly a kitchen-friendly appliance. The 3-ply bottom stainless steel inner pot is extremely durable and leaves no health concerns of non-stick coating residual. The new slim body design has a smaller foot print and lid holders for both left- and right- handed users. The brushed stainless steel exterior is finger print resistant. Its elegant and durable industrial design makes it easy to clean and pleasurable to use for the years to come.
Instant Pot IP-DUO series uses the latest 3rd generation technology with an embedded microprocessor. During the cooking process, the microprocessor monitors the pressure and temperature, keeps time, and adjusts heating intensity and duration. Even the volume of food is also taken into consideration. The cooking programs have been lab-tested hundreds of times for optimal effect. These greatly improve cooking results and maintain consistency.
Instant Pot is carefully designed to eliminate many common errors from causing harm or spoiling food. It has passed the stringent UL & ULC certification giving you uncompromised safety and peace of mind. Instant Pot protects you with 10 proven safety mechanisms and patented technologies.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can the Instant Pot be used for canning?
There are two types of canning: boiling-water canning at 100°C/212°F (for acid fruits, tomatoes, pickles and jellied products) and pressure canning at 115~121°C/240~250°F (for low acid vegetables, meat and poultry). Please refer to "USDA Complete Guide to Home Canning" for more details.
Instant Pot can be used for boiling-water canning. However, Instant Pot has not been tested for food safety in pressure canning by USDA. Due to the fact that programs in Instant Pot IP-CSG, IP-LUX and IP-DUO series are regulated by a pressure sensor instead of a thermometer, the elevation of your location may affect the actual cooking temperature. For now, we wouldn't recommend using Instant Pot for pressure canning purpose. Please note this correction to our early inaccurate information.
What is the psi ?
Instant Pot IP-DUO has dual pressure settings: High 10.2 ~ 11.6psi (70 ~ 80kPa); Low 5.8 ~7.2 psi (40 ~ 50kpa)
Can you make soy, almond or coconut milk yogurt with this?
Instant Pot IP-DUO has two temperatures for making yogurt: 36 ~ 43°C (96.8 ~ 109.4°F); and 30 ~ 34°C (86 ~ 93.2°F). It can be program to run 99 hours 30 minutes. If your starter works in these two temperature ranges, Instant Pot IP-DUO can be used to make yogurt with any alternative milks.
Add New FAQ
- Built-in Smart Programs 14
- Power 1000 watts
- Keep-warm Manual Keep-warm: Programmable to 99 hours 50 minutes, Automatic Keep-warm: up to 10 hours
- Sauté 30 minutes at 3 Temperatures
- Slow Cooker 0.5 ~ 20 hours, at 3 Temperatures
- Pressure Cooking High Pressure (10.2 ~ 11.6psi) , Low Pressure 5.8 ~7.2 psi
- Capacity 6 quarts