Infinity Primus P142 are entry-level 2-way bookshelf speakers at the bottom end of the Primus line from Infinity systems. They feature a 3/4" tweeter and a 4" mid-range woofer. Both the mid-range and high frequency drivers are made from Metal Matrix Diaphragm material (MMD) found in Infinity's flagship Cascade series. These speakers are magnetically shield and can be placed near a video display without adding distortion. The P142 models with an MSRP of $90 / each sold individually (but usually reatils for around $70 / each) is the least expensive in the Primus line with the P152 (MSRP $100) and P162 (MSRP $120) offering upgrades in cabinet volume, mid-range driver diameter, power and bass response. The P142 have a limited bass response of only 100 Hz on the low-end, thus necessitating a sub-woofer if to be used as main speakers. Alternatively, the P142 can be used as satellite speakers in a surround setup. The P142 and the P152 feature built-in wall mounts, a feature not found in the P162 because of its larger size and weight.
- 2-way bookshelf speaker with bass-reflex port
- tweeter: 3/4" MMD
- mid-range: 4" MMD
- crossover: 3 kHz with 24 dB/octave rolloff
- frequency response: 100 Hz - 20 kHz (± 3dB)
- 5-way binding post speaker terminals
- magnetically shielded
- black woodgrain finish with removable plastic, silver or black grille
- impedance: 8 Ohm
- sensitivity: 86 dB
- suitable amplifier: up to 100 Watts
- dimensions: 9-7/8" x 5-15/16" x 6-13/16" (251mm x 150mm x 173mm)
- weight: 7 lbs.
- MSRP: $90 each (retails for ~ $70); sold individually