The DXR-8 Video Monitor by Infant Optics is the first baby monitor with interchangeable lens technology. Three separate lens types — Normal, Wide Angle (sold separately), and Zoom — allow you to choose the most suitable focal length and viewing angle for the specific environment, just like a professional camera system. Video is streamed realtime to a compact 3.5" LCD color display providing a crystal clear image. The DXR-8 is packed with a roster of advanced features for added convenience: remote camera pan/tilt, infrared night vision, talk-back function, room temperature sensor, and more.
This camera is an investment that grows with your family. Use a close-up lens for intimate vision of your infant, and swap for a panoramic lens when your child becomes more mobile to provide a full view of your child's activity.
- Monitor with interchangeable optical lens capability - allowing you to customize viewing angle and zoom
- Large 3.5" full color LCD display in sleek, compact unit with retractable antenna, with sound-activated LED display
- Remote pan, tilt and digital zoom
- Long battery life: 10 hours on power-saving mode, 6 hours with screen on
- One (1) Optical Zoom Lens included. Wide Angle Lens sold seperately
Total Vision control of your baby's room, or any room, is finally a reality. The DXR-8's innovative lens technology allows you to customize camera performance by switching different lenses on the camera in just seconds:
- Normal Setting using the Aluminum Lens Hood provides a crisp clear image with mid-range coverage: close enough to ensure your baby is safe with a wide field that captures immediate surroundings.
- Zoom Optical Lens is perfect for close-up viewing during sleep. Unlike digital zoom where software simulates an image to appear closer, the optical zoom effect does not deteriorate resolution or image clarity. Place camera far from your baby and still enjoy an effective close-up view.
- Wide Angle Lens (sold separately) captures the entire room, a full 170 degree panoramic view. Best for active babies and toddler — they can play and explore and you can monitor them and their surroundings. Nothing will escape your notice.
Display unit shows real-time video and sound from your baby's room, so you can see and hear everything. 3.5" color LCD screen has crystal clear resolution and an automatic infrared night vision feature that ensures your baby is visible throughout the night. Display unit includes room temperature indicator and sound-activated LED display: with volume down, LEDs indicate the sound level in your baby's room.
Display unit provides complete remote control of the camera. Pan and tilt the camera direction to follow your baby without disturbing them.
2.4GHz FHSS provides clear, realiable transmission, and built-in data encryption for added security. Talk-back feature allows two-way audio communication. No more dropped signals, plus outstanding range and transmission quality. Retractable antennna provides 700' range in unobstructed conditions.
DXR-8 includes convenient quick-key volume & brightness controls, alarm function, out-of range warning, low battery warning, and battery power indicator.
Long-lasting battery provides reliable charge: 10 hours in power-saving mode, 6 hours with the display screen constantly on.
Link up to four cameras in a single display unit. The DXR-8 features 'scan mode' which automatically cycles through cameras at 12-second intervals, providing continuous video and audio surveillance on multiple cameras.
The DXR-8 comes with support & service available 7 days a week from one of the most trusted brands in home technology.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you turn the screen off but still hear sound? And can you adjust the volume?
Yes you can turn the video off and still use the sound. Then just hit a button to turn the video back if you need to. Great feature to help keep the room dark while sleeping. You can also control the volume and pan the camera from the video unit.
How's the range?
Actually pretty good, I have a small workshop outside my home and I still get three bars there with no video dropouts. I can watch and hear him while tooling around and that is with the camera in a closed room on the other side of the house at least 60 feet away with the signal going through my living room, a home office, garage, and finally on a shelf 8 feet into the workshop
Is this easy to set up? I'd like to travel with it.
Yes, it is! You can traveling with it. No issues.
Add New FAQ
- Display Type LCD
- Battery Life 10 Hours
- Batteries 1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)