The iLive IT188B is a 2.1 channel soundbar-style iPod docking station with integrated AM/FM radio. A digital alarm clock and remote control is also included and the unit is wall mountable. The 2.1 audio means there are two channels for left and right stereo and an extra subwoofer channel which in this case is handled by two internal subwoofers, although an output for connecting to an external sub is included. Different versions of iPod are compatible with the IT188B including iPod mini/iPod nano 1G, 2G, and 3G/iPod classic 4G, 5G, 5.5G, and 6G. An automatic charging feature charges the iPod whenever it is placed in the dock, and the iPod itself can be controlled via the unit and remote control.
The radio comes with direct access tuning and 10 programmable station presets, and is viewable via the white backlit LED display. It can also be used as a radio alarm clock which can be set or turned off with the remote as well. RCA and 3.5mm input jacks allow for the connection of another audio device like an mp3 player or CD player(and of course a TV), while video outputs for viewing iPod videos and photos are also included. This could be considered a soundbar slash clock radio considering the low price but it still keeps enough features to make it usable in home theater setups where dedicated soundbars typically cost much more.
- 2.1 channel audio (Left, Right + Subwoofer)
- Mechanically retractable iPod dock
- White backlit LED
- Clock radio with 10 Programmable stations
- Remote control included
- Compatible with: iPod mini/iPod nano 1G, 2G, and 3G/iPod classic 4G, 5G, 5.5G, and 6G
- Video Out Jack for iPod photo & video versions, RCA type
- Video Out function for iPhone in airplane mode
- Line-In jack for other Audio Players, 3.5mm
- 2 X Aux-In jacks for other Audio Players, 2 x RCA L&R
- Subwoofer Output Jack
- A/V Output Jacks
- Mounting hardware included
- Dimensions: 28.5 x 6.9 x 6.8 inches