The HP Photosmart C4599 is a limited-edition all in one printer that focuses on photo printing. It is notably small and lightweight for an all in one machine (17” x 11” x 6” and it weighs in at 11.16 lbs). There is no paper tray because of the compact size. It supports memory stick, memory stick duo, secure digital card, multimediacard, and a couple of others. Users noted that it was easy to setup, and that it comes with a host of its own add software. This software compensates the small size of the 1.5" LCD, so users can control the printer using the user friendly software on their computer screens. Even though the HP sites claims that it print "up to" 30 pages a minute, testers noted that in normal mode it prints 7 only. Overall, this piece is praised for its compact and stylish design, affordability, and good printing solutions. It is criticized for its grainy printing, no paper tray, and no pictBridge or USB option (two features which are almost standard with picture printers).
- Functions: Color print; color copy; color scan
- Black print speed: up to 30 cpm
- Color print speed: up to 23 cpm
- Black print resolution: up to 1200 rendered dpi black.
- Color print resolution: up to 4800x1200 optimized dpi color
- Borderless printing: up to 8.5 x 11 in
- Direct photo printing: yes (memory cards)