The Photosmart 8450 was HP's follow-up to the Photosmart 7960, and precedes the Photosmart 8250 in the high end of HP's color inkjet printer line. It was the first model to use HP's Vivera inks, which produce more vibrant and longer-lasting photos when used with premium HP photo paper than previous inks. The 8450 has several digital media card slots, as well as a USB port, enabling direct printing from PictBridge-compatible cameras and from memory cards. Maximum print speeds are 20 ppm for black and color text, and 27 seconds for 4 x 6 photos. Photos have a resolution of up to 4800 x 1200 dpi. A 2.5-inch LCD screen allows photos to be viewed and edited before printing without using a PC.
- Black print quality up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Color print quality up to 4800 x 1200 dpi
- 2.5-inch screen
- Edit pictures before printing
- USB/PictBridge connectivity
- Slots for CompactFlash I and II, MMC, SD, SmartMedia, Memory Stick, and xD cards
- 20 ppm text
- 4 x 6 color photo, 27 seconds
- Borderless photos up to 8.5" x 24"
- 100-sheet paper tray
- 20-sheet photo tray
- Mac and PC compatibility