- Versatile from the start—print borderless, lab-quality photos and laser-sharp documents with ease
- Print wirelessly from your smartphone, tablet, and Internet-connected PC, and scan directly to your mobile device
- Save resources with automatic two-sided printing and optional high-capacity cartridges
- Conserve resources with an Energy Star-qualified printer
- Get useful content—printed when you want it—from your web-connected HP printer
Frequently Asked Questions
Will this printer still print when COLOR cartridge runs low or is out?
Does the printer include ink?
Yes there are two cartridges, one black and one multicolor. Set-up was not too difficult either. The printer and written directions walk you through it. Installing carrtidges is quite easy too.
What ink cartridge is required?
HP 61 (however) all HP 61 Ink Jet Cartridges are (NOT) compatible with this HP Envy 4500 All-In-One Printer. OLder HP 61 Cartridges look alike and are the same size but will not work. Error Message will appear saying they are not compatible. Evidently, HP made some internal changes to its newer generation HP 61 Cartridges so that buying older ones from Secondary Sellers on Ebay etc won`t work with this Unit. If you buy replacement Cartridges for the Envy 4500, make sure that they have 2014-2016 expiration dates to assure they will work.
Add New FAQ
Auto 2-sided Printing
- Standard Connectivity Hi-Speed USB 2.0, WiFi 802.11n
- ISO Speed Up to 5.2 ppm color, Up to 8.8 ppm black
- Copy reduce/enlarge 25%−400%
- Scan resolution, optical 1200 ppi
- Scanner type Flatbed
- Paper handling input, standard 100-sheet input tray
- Recommended monthly 300 to 400 pages
- Print speed black draft Up to 21ppm