than lasers, Easily print from your smartphone, tablet and notebook—with wireless options, NFC touch-to-print technology and Ethernet printing, Handle more tasks without slowing down, using an e-all-in-one you can rely on.
- Print and share with notebooks or PCs on an existing wireless network, using the freedom of built-in wireless
- Connect printing devices to PCs securely with built-in Ethernet ports
- Boost office efficiency with an all-in-one that includes fax functionality
- Easily print from your smartphone, tablet, or notebook at home, work or on the go
- Save paper and time using automatic two-sided printing
- Scan and copy multiple pages efficiently with an automatic document feeder
- Scan documents up to 8.5" x 14" on the scanbed
- Access, store and print with the tap of a finger
- Streamline workflow by scanning a document as an e-mail attachment directly from the printer's touchscreen
- Conserve resources with an Energy Star-qualified printer
- Individual inks - Save on printing costs with individual inks—replace only the cartridge that runs out
- Energy savings - Use up to 50% less energy compared with lasers
- Easy wireless setup - Quick and easy wireless setup with Auto Wireless Connect
- Easy USB printing - Quickly print from flash drives using the easy-access USB drive
- Borderless printing - Print borderless documents and photos up to 8.5" x 11"
- Business apps - Sign up right from your HP printer to get free business strategies, tools, news and more delivered to it, on your schedule.
- Print speed black ISO laser comparable: up to 21 ppm
- Print speed color ISO laser comparable: up to 16.5 ppm
- First page out (ready) Black as fast as 12 seconds; color as fast as 13 seconds
- Recommended monthly page volume 250 to 1,500 pages
- Paper handling input, standard 250-sheet input tray, 50-sheet automatic document feeder
- Paper handling output, standard 150-sheet output tray
- Copy reduce/enlarge settings 25%−400%
- Faxing Color (best): 200 x 200 dpi; Black (standard): 203 x 98 dpi; Color (standard): 200 x 200 dpi
- Warranty One-year limited hardware warranty; 24-hour, 7 days a week Web support; business hour phone support within warranty period
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the duplex scanning feature work for you?
Not always. I have a macbook pro and one of the main reasons I got this printer is to use the full duplex scanning feature since I keep most of my documents in electronic format. I used to use the pdfscanner app with an epson printer. I love the pdfscanner app. It does not seem to work with this printer. I then started using the included HP software to use the scanner. I works for me about 40% of the time. Basically, I have to power cycle the printer a few times. Then if that doesn't work, I power cycle my laptop and eventually the HP software might be able to connect so that I can scan something! I've had no issue printing. I've had lots of issues scanning. I'm planning to return this printer for this very reason.
Why won't this printer take 110 lb card stock if it is advertised it will? Does HP need to revise the paper grabbing wheels?
I'm using it with 65 lb paper and it works fine. I didn't know that they set a 110 lb limit on it and I'll probably not have occasion to use that heavy of card stock. If you are trying to print 2 sided printing, you may try just printing single side, then refeeding. That's pretty heavy stock.
What is the difference between the 8620 and the 8625?
Virtually the same. 8625 has slight software upgrade and one or two bells and whistles!
Add New FAQ
- Scanner Type ADF, Flatbed
- Print Speed Up to 34 ppm
- Scan Resolution, Optical 1200 dpi
- Paper Capacity 150-sheet output tray, 50-sheet automatic document feeder, 250-sheet input tray
- Display 4.3" color touchscreen
- Networking WiFi 802.11b/g/n, Ethernet
- Functions Copy, Scan, Fax, Print