The HP G72t is a mid-range notebook laptop that seeks to strike a middle-ground between high-end components and a lower price-point. It has a selection of Intel Core i3 and i5 processors; 2, 3 or 4GB of system memory; your choice of a 250, 320, 500 or 640GB hard drive; an Intel HD with 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader and HDMI, 512MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5430 or 512MB ATI Mobility Radeon(TM) HD 5430 Graphics processor with 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader and HDMI and a large 17.3" diagonal HD+ High-Definition HP LED BrightView Widescreen Display with a 1600 x 900 native resolution. Additionally, the G72t comes equipped with your choice of a DVD RW or Blu-ray ROM/DVD RW optical drive.
Even at its basic configuration, the G72t will provide a smooth operating experience in terms of everyday use, multitasking and even HD media playback thanks to its Intel Core i3-350M Dual Core processor (2.26GHz, 3MB L2 Cache) and Intel HD graphics processor. At its highest configuration, the G72t can be a decent mid-range gaming machine, although that isn't necessarily its aim. Its 17.3" LED HD widescreen display's 1600 x 900 resolution can deliver bright and responsive HD media playback from either HD media files or through the G72t's optional Blu-ray ROM/DVD RW optical drive.
- Processor options: Intel Core i3-350M, i5-430M, 520M or 540M Dual Core processor
- RAM options: 2, 3 and 4GB DDR3
- Hard drive options: 250, 320GB 7200RPM SATA; 500, 640GB 5400RPM SATA
- Graphics options:
- Intel HD Graphics with 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader and HDMI
- 512MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5430 Graphics
- 512MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5430 Graphics with 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader and HDMI
- Optical drive options: SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support, LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-RW with Double Layer Support, Blu-Ray ROM with SuperMulti DVD+/-R/RW Double Layer or Lightscribe Blu-ray ROM with SuperMulti DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
- 17.3" diagonal HD+ High-Definition HP LED BrightView Widescreen Display with a 1600 x 900 native resolution