The HP G42t is a mid-level laptop with a 14" LCD screen. It can be outfitted with your choice of Intel's Core i3 or i5 processors; the base setup comes equipped with a Intel Core i3-350M Dual Core processor clocked at 2.26GHz. It can also be outfitted with 2-4GB of DDR3 memory, 250GB-640GB of hard drive space, an Intel HD graphics card with a 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader and HDMI output and your choice of a standard SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW drive or a Blu-Ray ROM/DVD+/-R/RW drive. Additionally, the G42t comes standard with a full HP keyboard, a 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery and a Wireless-N Card with the option of Bluetooth compatibility.
The G42t aims to balance size and performance and seems to pull it off simply due to the fact that it has both a 14" High-Definition HP BrightView LED Display, at a resolution of 1366 x 768, and an Intel Core i3 or i5 processor; it measures in at an easily portable 13.46"x 8.97"x1.24", while its high-end CPU selection, DDR3 Ram and HD graphics processor make it a media powerhouse capable of playing high definition video with ease as well as Blu-Ray discs (if the Blu-Ray option is chosen). Regardless, even the G42t's base configuration is more than enough for any typical day-to-day activities such as web browsing and word processing. Its Wireless-N Card ensures fast wireless internet anywhere that an open wireless network is available while the G42t's 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery provides longer life than the more commonly found 4 cell battery. The HP G42t is available in biscotti, silver or white.
- A 16:9 display aspect ratio optimized for viewing HD content
- A 14" diagonal high-definition LED Brightview panel for a clear picture while consuming less energy
- A built-in Wireless-N card
- Intel Core i3-350M Dual Core processor clocked at 2.26GHz up to an Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-520M Dual Core processor clocked at 2.40GHz
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
- 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
- Intel HD Graphics with a 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader and an HDMI port