Released in August 2007 the Hitachi DZBD7HA is the first ever high definition Blu-ray disc camcorder. Shooting at full 1080p the DZBD7HA outputs AVC/H.264 codec, a variant of MPEG-4 directly onto a blu-ray disc or the unit's internal 30GB hard drive. For still photographs the DZBD7HA is rather poor, only outputting images to an SD/SDHC card in 2400x1800 resolution. Its cheaper brother the DZBD70A drops the internal hard disk. Battery life of the unit is a respectable 101 minutes.
- CCD: 1/2.8", 5.3MP
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080 at 60 fps
- Screen: 2.7" LCD, high pixel count
- Zoom: 10x optical, 500x digital
- Tape type: BD-RE/-R, DVD-RAM/-RW/-R
- Interface: touch
- Battery life: 101 minutes