Count on this eco-friendly, hand-cranked coffee mill to provide the perfect grind for your preferred brewing method. Fast and easy to use, it features ceramic conical burrs for precision grinding without producing the heat that can destroy coffee’s delicate essential oils.
In Japanese, HARIO means "The King of Glass". Since its founding in 1921, this Japanese company has been manufacturing glassware of the highest quality for general consumers and for industrial uses. This hand grinder has been designed by Hario to provide coffee lovers with an inexpensive means to have freshly-ground coffee, even while traveling with a light load.
- Manual coffee mill grinds beans to your specifications.
- Ceramic conical burrs ensure a precise, uniform grind.
- Burrs easily adjust to produce a range of grind sizes, from superfine espresso to coarse for French press brewing.
- Ergonomically designed crank handle removes for compact storage and easy travel.
- Detachable base holds whole coffee beans; detaches and seals with included lid to store coffee and keep it fresh.
- No-slip rubber base keeps the mill in place during grinding.
Frequently Asked Questions
Works for espresso?
It will work fine for espresso out of the box, no need for any modification. Only if you want a consistent large grind for French press should you think about modifying the Hario.
How long does it take to grind a single cup's worth of beans?
There are a few variables coming into play with grind times for a cup of coffee. Grinding at the finest setting (creating an almost powder consistency) takes like two or three times longer than the courser settings. Some ppl like two or three times as much ground coffee per cup. Some ppl turn the grind handle faster than others, etc. If I have it set at finest setting and grind enough coffee to fill the little glass jar about 1/3 full and go at a steady pace - I'm guessing about 10 mins or so.
Add New FAQ