Graco’s top-rated Smart Seat All-in-One car seat could be the only car seat you’ll ever need. It helps keep your child secure in a 5-point harness, from a small 5 lbs. all the way up to 40 lbs. When your child is ready, it easily transitions to a forward-facing seat, for a child from 20 – 65 lbs. in a harness. Finally, it converts to a belt-positioning booster for children from 30 – 100 lbs. It’s like having three terrific car seats, in one!
- Convertible seat grows with your child; transforms from a rear-facing infant car seat to a forward-facing toddler car seat to a belt-positioning booster seat.
- Seat-to-base locking indicators help ensure the car seat is properly secured. Easy-to-read level indicator.
- Fits infant 5 to 40 pounds rear-facing in a harness, fits toddler 20 to 65 pounds forward-facing in a harness and fits youth 30 to 100 pounds in a belt-positioning booster.
- Smart LATCH-equipped stay-in-car base for one-time install in both rear- and forward-facing modes.
- Machine-washable cover. 1-hand height adjustable head rest and 5-position recline.
- Integrated harness storage compartment holds the harness straps that are not in use while in the belt positioning booster mode
- Easy-to-read level indicator on the seat, helps eliminate installation guesswork
- No Re-thread harness for quick & easy harness adjustment
- One-hand, 6 position adjustable head rest for your growing child
- EPS, energy absorbing foam liner
- Flip-up armrests makes it easy for child to get in & out of car seat
- Child's cup holder keeps child's drink close by
At the heart of it all, Smart Seat is designed to help keep your growing child safe. This seat is steel reinforced for strength and durability, has been engineered and crash tested to meet or exceed standards, including:
- U.S. Compliance Standard FMVSS 213
- New Car Assessment Program (NCAP) – peak Crash Force approximately 2x Car Seat Standard
- Extreme Car Interior Temperatures
It also features EPS energy absorbing foam for effective impact energy management.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has recognized Graco’s Smart Seat with the highest government rating for Ease of Use in all Modes. All car seats rated by NHTSA meet Federal Safety Standards and strict crash performance standards. While all rated seats are safe, they do differ in their ease of use in four basic categories: evaluation of instructions, vehicle installation features, evaluation of labels and securing the child. The Smart Seat from Graco received a five star rating in this evaluation.
Once the base is installed, you want to know that the Smart Seat is locked in securely to the base. Graco has taken the guesswork out of this process by adding seat-to-base locking indicators, which help to ensure that the car seat is properly secured to the base.
As your child grows and doesn’t need to ride with a harness, Smart Seat has a convenient, integrated harness storage compartment. It holds the harness straps when you’re not using them, when Smart Seat is in the belt-positioning booster mode.
To make sure your child is riding at just the right angle, Smart Seat includes an easy-to-read level indicator on the seat. It really eliminates installation guesswork for you, mom!
When it comes to attaining a proper fit in your car seat (essential to protecting your child), it’s important that the headrest and harness are in the right position. The Smart Seat features a one-hand height adjustable head rest and harness, which requires no rethreading—a feature experienced moms love. This way, it’s simple and easy for you to adjust the harness and headrest for a proper fit for your child. Plus, the headrest adjusts to six different heights, which accommodates your child—from baby to “bigger kid.”
Smart Seat features an “on-the-go” five-position recline, so that you can recline your child while he / she is in the seat. It’s a great convenience feature busy moms will love.
Clean ups are easy with Smart Seat: the seat cushion is machine-washable and the metal and plastic parts may be cleaned with mild soap and water.
The soft Rosin fashion has a finely patterned gray, accented by textured black and plush, solid taupe and white. It’s a terrific, go-with-anything, gender-neutral pattern for little boys or girls.
- Designed to accommodate children from 5 – 100 lbs. and from 27 – 57 inches
- 5 – 40 lbs., rear-facing, with 5-point harness
- 20 – 65 lbs., forward-facing with a harness
- 30 – 100 lbs., forward-facing as a belt-positioning booster
The flip-up armrests are comfy for your child as he / she grows, and since they “flip-away,” it makes it easy to get baby in and out of the seat (without having to lift your child up and over). Plus, the integrated cup holder is an added feature kids of all ages really appreciate.
Proper installation is key for the safety of your seat, and with the Smart Base it’s easy to get it just right. This ingenious stay-in-car base is LATCH-equipped and includes a belt lock-off for easiest installation, so you’ll just install it once for years of use. After all, busy moms love things that are easy and safe.
The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that children remain in a booster until they are at least 4 feet 9 inches tall.
For extra strength, safety and durability, the Smart Seat features a steel-reinforced car seat frame. So you’ll feel good about your child riding in Smart Seat for years.
Frequently Asked Questions
I recently bought this car seat and I feel like the Belts are not long enough, isn't this case? With my son's coat on I don't find enough belt for him
I had this problem at first as well, if you make sure to loosen the straps all the way and give them a firm tug they come out pretty far. Sometimes they get caught up or bound.
Is it easy to remove from base? Considering buying this seat and an extra base for our two cars rather than buying two separate car seats.
I bought it for that reason too but honestly... No. It's not like an infant base and if you have a small child you have to think about where to put them while you are trying to switch it between cars. It's not light. We have found it easier to have two separate carseats for our vehicles. I still love this seat, though, so it's in my car (which is used daily).
Is this seat part of the Graco Quick Connect system? I'm trying to match a car seat with a stroller from the Graco line.
This seat is not something you will place on a stroller for a child seat. It is a convertible seat that happens to have a base for use up to 45 lbs. I purchased this seat and returned it when I couldn't get the belt to tighten with my son's 20 lb weight in it.
Add New FAQ
- Position Recline 5-point
- Harness 5-point
- Weight Limit 65 lbs / 29.5 kg (forward-facing), 100 lbs / 45.4 kg (belt-positioning booster), 40 lbs / 18.1 kg (rear-facing)
- Target gender Unisex
- Origin China