Goodyear's Ultra Grip Performance tire is a higher-end tire intended for winter use on sedans or sports cars, and it offers an all-around above-average (compared to other Goodyear models) traction in wet, dry, and icy conditions, and the best possible snow traction. It has a unique, asymmetric tread design that offers a balance of handling and control as well as traction through various conditions. The treads are silica-based, improving wet traction and shorting wet braking distances. Another special feature on this model is the inclusion of tiny grooves that can open, close, or lock together depending on road conditions, to provide traction.
- Silica-based treads improve wet traction and braking distances
- Asymmetric tread design offers adaptability
- Very good wet, dry, and ice handling
- Excellent snow handling
- Deep grooves evacuate water
- Micro-grooves adapt to winter conditions
- Intended for sports cars or performance vehicles, sedans