Goodyear's Assurance Fuel Max tires are a mid-range model designed for standard sized cars and minivans, and they emphasize fuel economy as they use a special tread alignment to reduce fuel consumption, as much as 2,600 miles (or 4000 kilometres) over the life of the tire. The middle region of the tread has channels that redirect water to increase traction on wet roads, and the shoulder regions of the tread are thick and solid for better maneuvering when the road is dry.
- Ideal for standard cars or minivans
- Solid shoulder treads improve dry-pavement handling
- Wet-road middle treads redirect/evacuate water for better traction
- Fuel-saving tread design reduces energy consumption
- Circumferential grooves and deep lateral grooves expel water
- Above-average (for Goodyear tires) ride comfort and overall traction
- All-season appropriate