The Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P is a mid-level ATX motherboard, released in early 2009. This board supports 45nm AM3 CPUs, meaning high-end AMD Phenom II X6 processors are supported. CrossFireX, AMD’s multi-GPU technology is enabled over the UD4P’s dual PCI x16 slots. The first graphics card will run at full x16 speed, while the secondary card runs in x8 mode. Up to 4 DDR3 DIMMs can be added to this board, allowing for 16GB of maximum system memory. While SATA 6Gb/s isn’t supported, up to 8 SATA 3Gb/s hard drives can be added. As a product marketed to gamers and enthusiasts, a variety of system monitoring, overclocking and tweaking tools are included in the box.
- AM3 socket
- AMD CrossFireX multi-GPU support
- 1 x PCI Express x16 (x16 mode)
- 1 x PCI Express x16 (x8 mode)
- 4 x DDR3 DIMM slots / 16GB max.
- 8 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors
- Dual BIOS support
- AMD OverDrive, EC AOD-ACC support
- Japanese solid capacitors