The Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2 is a chipset based motherboard that supports the Intel Core 2 multi-core and 45nm processors. It comes equipped with an all-solid capacitator for CPU VRM, the PCI Express Interface, and has dual channel memory architecture.
The GA-G31M-S2 supports the Intel Core 2 Extreme processor/Intel Core 2 Quad processor/Intel Core 2 Duo processor/ Intel Pentium Dual-Core processor/ and Intel Celeron processors. It comes equipped with the all-solid capacitators design, which differs from the electrolytic capacitator design by offering a longer lifespan. The PCI Express Interface x16 offers twice the bandwidth as the regular PCI interface, for multi-purpose usage. This model also has dual channel DDR2 1066 memory architecture, which helps memory performance.
Model variations include the new version GA-G31M-S2L, which features DualBIOS (instead of the S2's Virtual DualBIOS) and the Easy Energy Saver (instead of S2's Dynamic Energy Saver Advanced).
- supports the Intel Core 2 Extreme processor/Intel Core 2 Quad processor/Intel Core 2 Duo processor/ Intel Pentium Dual-Core processor/ and Intel Celeron processors
- front side bus: 1600(O.C.)/1333/1066/800 MHz FSB
- Intel G31 Express and intel ICH7 chipsets
- 4GB system memory
- all-solid capacitator design
- PCI Express x16 Interface
- DDR2 1066 dual channel memory
- Virtual DualBIOS
- Dynamic Energy Saver Advanced
- Microsoft Windows Vista/XP operating systems