The Gigabyte GA-EP43-S3L is one of four products in Gigabyte's low-end P43 series motherboards. Some similiar models include the Gigabyte GA-EP43-DS3, Gigabyte GA-EP43-DS3R, and the Gigabyte-EP43-S3L motherboards. The Gigabyte EP43-S3L motherboard features socket LGA 775 CPU support for compatibility with Intel Core 2 Extreme, Core 2 Quad, Core 2 Duo, Pentium Dual-Core and Celeron processors. The S3L supports a FSB (Front Side Bus) of 1333, 1066, and 800 MHz regularly as well as 1600MHz through overclocking. For memory it provides four 240 pin DIMM slots with support for dual channel DDR2 1200, 1066, 800 and 667 MHz up to a maximum of 16GB total.
The S3L also sports the Realtek ALC888 codec providing audio support for 2, 4, 5.1, and 7.1-channel digital or analog high definition audio. Included expansion slots for hardware upgrades are as follows; 1 PCI-E x16 Gen 2.0, 4 PCI-E x1 and 2 PCI slots. The S3L also includes 8 USB 2.0 ports with an extra internal header for up to 12 USB 2.0 ports total, ATA133 support, 6 SATA 3GB/s connectors, 2 system fan headers, 1 power fan header, 1 coaxial S/PDIF Out, 1 optical S/PDIF Out, and 1 RJ-45 port. The Gigabyte GA-EP43-S3L was released on September 25, 2008 and has an MSRP of $99.99.
Extra Gigabyte application support includes DualBIOS (2 onboard BIOS chips, one for backup), Easytune 6 overclocking software, and extra power saving functionality for all included hardware through Gigabytes dynamic energy saving technology. Norton Internet Security also comes pre-bundled with the device.
- Chipset: Intel P43
- Socket: LGA 775
- CPU Support: Intel Core 2 Extreme, Core 2 Quad, Core 2 Duo, Pentium Dual-Core, Celeron and Intel 45nm multi-core processors
- FSB: 1333/1066/800MHz; 1600MHz available through overclocking
- Memory Support: Dual Channel DDR2 1200/1066/800/667 MHz up to a maximum of 16GB total
- Audio Chipset: Realtek ALC888
- Audio: 2/ 4/ 5.1/ 7.1-channel high definition audio
- LAN Chipset: Realtek 8111C; gigabit LAN (10/100/1000 Mbit)
- 1 PCI-E x16 Gen 2.0, 4 PCI-E x1 and 2 PCI slots
- Up to 12 USB 2.0 ports total (8 ports on rear panel)
- ATA133 support, 6 SATA 3GB/s connectors, 2 system fan headers, 1 power fan header, 1 coaxial S/PDIF Out, 1 optical S/PDIF Out, and 1 RJ-45 port
- Gigabyte DualBIOS technology
- Gigabyte Easytune 6 overclocking software
- Gigabytes dynamic energy saving technology
- Dimensions: 30.5cm by 21.0 cm; ATX form factor
- Release Date: 09/25/2008
- MSRP: $99.99
Add New Resource