The Giant Defy Advanced 0 is a road bike engineered specifically for those who want to ride fast and far, but not race. While other road bikes have been designed with speed in mind, Giant has tweaked and adjusted the TCR race geometry and produced a comfortable, yet speedy, bike. The Defy Advanced 0 has a top tube length slightly shorter, with a higher head tube. This results in a remarkable improvement in comfort, much easier on the back and neck, yet still able to bend down to a sprint. In addition, the handlebars have a shallower drop. This is to provide a much greater degree of comfort while doing sprints or when battling headwinds. The Defy Advanced 0's final feature is a flattened upper section on the handlebars to give a greater surface area for the palm contact and reduce hand fatigue. This comfort is further improved with a slightly larger tyre (2mm wider), enabling the bike to soak up some additional shock on rougher patches of road.
The Defy Advanced 0 also has in addition a compact crank-set, plus adding a few extra teeth on the rear cassette which make hill-climbing a breeze. All of these result in a bike that is every bit as stiff as a TCR race bike in the critical power & handling areas, yet doesn’t require a youthful, supple body, that will bend to the most aerodynamic riding position. But most importantly, the Defy Advanced 0 is a bike that allows you to ride faster for longer. The Giant Defy Advanced 0 comes in Charcoal / Silver / Composite.
- T-700 Advanced 3k Composite Frame & Fork
- Shimano Dura Ace 20speed Drivetrain
- Mavic Ksyrium Premium Wheelset
- FSA K-Force Compace composite Bar / OS-99 Alloy Stem
- Brake levers: Shimano Dura Ace
- Wheelset: Mavic Ksyrium Premium
- Tyres: Michelin Pro Race 3 700x25
- H.Bar/Stem: FSA K-Force Compact Composite / OS-99 Alloy
- Seat post: C-Tech Aero 3K Composite with 2 position offset
- Saddle: Fi'zi:k Pave' CX with Ki:um rail