Research shows prolonged periods of inactivity such as sitting at a desk decreases your body’s production of fat-burning enzymes. You can reverse that effect by taking frequent, short walk breaks throughout your day. And while you might lose track of time and forget to move, vívofit 2 knows. A red move bar appears on the display and a gentle alert sounds after one hour of inactivity. The move bar builds every 15 minutes until you reset it by walking for a couple of minutes.
vívofit 2 stores stats right on your wrist. Look at the easy-to-read, night-readable display to see how many steps you’ve taken, distance traveled, calories burned, time and more.
- Move bar w/audible alert- Reminds you to stay active throughout the day by displaying a red move bar and sounding an alert after one hour of inactivity. Additional segments lightup for every 15 minutes of inactivity. Walk for a couple of minutes to reset.
- BACKLIT DISPLAY - The display is always on so you won't miss a beat. Turn on the backlight to see your stats, even in the dark.
- ACTIVITY TIMER - Record activities with or without a heart rate monitor.
- 1 + year battery life - vvofit 2 stays on for more than a year without having to change the battery, so you don't have to worry about recharging.
- Auto Sync - vvofit 2 automatically syncs with paired mobile devices3 at strategic times throughout the day, such as when a goal is met or when several steps have been taken since the last sync.
- Unit Dimensions WxHxD : 21 mm wide x 10.5 mm thick (length varies based on band size; 120-175mm (small wrist circumference) and 152-210mm (large wrist circumference)
vívofit 2 follows your progress 24/7 and shows your steps, calories, distance and time of day on its easy-to-read, backlit display. Set the sleep mode when you go to bed and it will monitor your rest. At Garmin Connect, you can see your total sleep hours as well as periods of movement and restful sleep. vívofit 2 is water-resistant¹, so you can shower or get caught in the rain, worry-free. And thanks to its 1+ year battery life, you can keep this activity tracker on your wrist around the clock, helping you turn good intentions into lifelong habits. The band is soft and flexible and features a quarter-turn buckle that secures it to your wrist. Optional accessory bands in various color schemes let you coordinate your vívofit to your wardrobe.
vívofit 2 learns your current activity level, then assigns an attainable daily goal. As you meet your milestones, vívofit 2 will adjust your goal for the next day, gradually nudging you toward a healthier lifestyle. At Garmin Connect, our free online fitness community, you can earn virtual badges and view your progress.
When you’re ready to take the next steps toward better health, vívofit 2 has additional features to keep you motivated. Use the activity timer to record a timed activity, such as a walk or run, which can be saved and sent to Garmin Connect. You can also pair vívofit 2 with a heart rate monitor² during fitness activities, such as a run or a cardio class at the gym, to record your heart rate and zone data and get more accurate calorie burn information. For detailed calorie tracking, you can create an account at MyFitnessPal and link it to your Garmin Connect account. This allows you to compare calories consumed to your total calories burned, which vívofit 2 records throughout the day.
Throughout your day, vívofit 2 automatically syncs to Garmin Connect, where you can see a complete picture of your progress, join online challenges and earn virtual badges for extra motivation. It's so simple to get started. After you are set up, access our free online community from your computer or on your compatible mobile device³ with the Garmin Connect Mobile app.
Frequently Asked Questions
Has any one use on a cat for sole purpose of finding if lost?
This is not, in any way, a GPS tracking device. It is merely a step pedometer. It just counts the number of times a person takes a step. It has no tracking capabilities whatsoever though I imagine it would be quite stylish on a cat.
Can you turn off the audible alert feature?
Yes, go to your garmin connect account and it is under "device settings" scroll down to "tones" and you can unclick that green button. That should shut off the move alert, sync failure, goal achieved, etc. alerts!
Is there a way to reset the step counter back to zero?
There is no way to reset the step counter back to zero unless you do a reset of all the stats.
How to turn on backlight?
Hold the button down for few seconds. It will turn on only if it is dark enough.
Add New FAQ
- Move Bar Audible
- Battery Life 8760 hours
- Batteries 2 Lithium Metal batteries required. (included)