Stay on pace for your next personal record with Forerunner 235, the wrist-based heart rate GPS and GLONASS running watch with smart features1. Its built-in activity tracker2 keeps recording steps, even when you’re not running. Pair your watch with a compatible phone for connected features1 like automatic uploads to Garmin Connect, smart notifications, audio prompts and live tracking. You can also download customizable watch faces and applications rom Connect IQ. Measures heart rate at the wrist giving you the option to run without a strap. For more challenging runs, download advanced workouts and training plans to your watch from Garmin Connect.
- WRIST BASED HEART RATE - Forerunner 235 utilizes Garmin's very own wrist based heart rate sensor that tracks 24/7.
- LARGER SCREEN - A 44% larger screen than the 225 but the same physical size.
- BATTERY LIFE - 12 weeks in watch mode and 12 hours in training mode.
- AUDIO PROMPTS - Receive audio prompts from your connected smartphone that include laps and lap times.
- SMART NOTIFICATIONS - See incoming email, text messages, call alerts, calendar reminders and more from your compatible smartphone.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does this watch have continuous heart rate monitoring like the fitbit surge?
Yes it does.
Is it water resistant?
Yes, it is. And the water rating is actually 5 ATM (atmospheres), not 5 meters. 5 ATM actually equates to about 50 meters deep, so technically you could swim or shower with this watch just fine. Just be aware that this model doesn't currently have any swim tracking features built in so there's not much of a point to swimming with it anyway (although you can install apps from Garmin Connect IQ, so perhaps there is a swim tracking app on there).
When in "normal" non-exercise mode, can i set the watch face just to display time, day & date ?
You can also download other watch faces from Garmin's Connect IQ. Lots of choices!
Add New FAQ
- Battery Life 12 hours in training mode, 12 weeks in watch mode
Heart Rate Function
- Battery Type Lithium Ion