Stay on pace for your next personal record with Forerunner 230, the GPS and GLONASS running watch with smart features1. Its built-in activity tracker2 keeps recording steps, even when you're not running. Pair your watch with a compatible phone1 for connected features like automatic uploads to Garmin Connect, smart notifications, audio prompts and live tracking. You can also download customizable watch faces and applications from Connect IQ. HR data such as heart rate, heart rate zone and VO2 max estimate allows you to train more effectively2. For more challenging runs, download advanced workouts and training plans to your watch from Garmin Connect.
- AUDIO PROMPTS - Receive audio prompts from your connected smartphone that include laps and lap times.
- LARGER SCREEN - A 44% larger screen than the 220 but the same physical size.
- BATTERY LIFE - Longer battery life than the 220, 16 hours in training mode and up to 5 weeks in watch mode6.
- SMART NOTIFICATIONS - See incoming email, text messages, call alerts, calendar reminders and more from your compatible smartphone.
- ACTIVITY TRACKING - Forerunner 230 doubles as a watch and activity tracker. Count steps, calories and distance throughout the day. The move bar with vibration alert motivates you to move when you've been sitting too long. NOTE - This product does not include heart rate monitor(Sold separately)
Frequently Asked Questions
Which heart rate monitor works with this unit?
Can use a normal heart rate strap along with this watch. It's a Garmin with a plastic front and soft strap back. You can also buy the bundle watch which has the heart rate strap included already.
How long does the battery last?
More than two weeks and it's still on the original charge after daily use and multiple runs and syncs.
Is it water proof?
Add New FAQ
Heart Rate Monitor
- Battery Type Lithium Ion